Sunday, April 27, 2014

Solidworks 2012 download?

Q. i'm a student in Ireland studying DCG. As part of my course I have to use Solidworks for a CAD project. My teacher says that there is some way he can licence the whole class to download it, But only the 2013 version. Is this true? My laptop runs Windows XP and therefore cannot run this version. Is there some way to download the 2012 version that I can run?
If not, where can I get a cracked CD copy of windows 7?
it's a Dell Latitude D430. originally ran vista, but it was downgraded to XP before i owned it.
details of my computer are here:
http://www.dell.com/us/dfb/p/latitude-d430/pd


Answer
If your laptop runs XP then you have other problems... I doubt you even have the memory to run solidworks effectively.

If you have a chance to, get a legitimate license and get a new laptop with an SSD and 6GB plus memory.

If you try to run solidworks on your laptop right now it will make you want to shoot yourself in the face ... no joke.

Your laptop must be over 8 years old at this point.

edit: we aren't supposed to talk about bittorrent on yahoo answers...

what is a good hp laptop made within 5 years?

Q. I'm looking to a new laptop for my birthday but don't know what to ask for. I prefer it to be hp designed and with at least 4 GB of ram and at least 150 GB of drive space. I feel picky but these are my preferences due to to the music, video, and program storage I use on a daily basis on my PC. Also I'm coming to the point in school where I'm going to need computerized data to submit to my mentors. My parent's budget is $600.


Answer
I have some issues in your wording. A new laptop in the US was made within the last few months since inventory tends to move quickly, and there may be a few about a year old still waiting to be sold. 5 years ago, HP probably did make and sell laptops, and now, like Acer-Gateway-Packard Bell, they are a Procurement and Re-seller and they are designed and produced by several Taiwanese and Chinese companies with an HP label and a bit of shell customizing. All laptops are pretty much made by these companies in China. HP on some adds a Beats profiling and a sub-woofer designed into some models.
In the last few years, the HP reliability and quality surveys do not look good, although they still like HP and Dell in India for some reason.
Here is my documentation:
2012: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2020725/apple-macbooks-lead-in-laptop-features-and-reliability.html
HP in the bottom half

2011: http://www.pcworld.com/article/244419/laptop_reliability_and_satisfaction_macbooks_rule.html
HP second last

2010:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/211402/laptops.html
HP last place

The basic laptop sold in the USA today above $400, if not a solid state drive will have 500+GB HDD and 4+GB RAM

If you only want HP, even though Acer-Gateway, Dell home, HP-Compaq Home, Lenovo Essentials G series are mostly the same weaker results, and all other laptops under about $400 are also a bit questionable, there are good initial reviews for some HP ultrabooks.
Personally, I think Lenovo did a good job with the Ideapad Z400 Touch, that at Lenovo.com is $600 plus tax with an i3, and $660 as a better i5 model, as Windows 8 is aimed at Touchscreen technology, but you did say HP-Only. Maybe you have a long memory when they used to be better.

Again - all based on extensive surveys; not my personal experience other than Y/A issues reported with overheating and crashing. Google will also tell you a lot. The number of refurbished systems out there tells you something also.

Newegg shows about 18 HP laptops that are new and not open box or refurb
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&N=100006740&IsNodeId=1&minPrice=400&maxPrice=625&Manufactory=1186%2C44242%2C1548&bop=And&Pagesize=50

Here is a basic one for $500 after rebate.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834256720
HP Pavilion g6-2260us Notebook Intel Core i3 3110M(2.40GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 750GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi Intel HD Graphics 4000

HP is offering Touchscreen starting at $600. Is there a student registration for a discount? HP has all kinds of discount codes hiding on the internet to scour out.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/Laptops?SearchParameter=%26%40QueryTerm%3D*%26categoryusagelaptops_dte2%3DTouchscreen%26CategoryUUIDLevelX%3DjeEQxXjbj14AAAE0syxcZzOW%26%40Sort.TieredPricing%3D0&PageSize=15




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Solidworks 2012 download?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment