Monday, April 21, 2014

Best Laptop to Buy for a college student?




ejtl


I am planning on buying a new laptop..What can you guys recommend that I buy?

Laptops with
-built in camera
-lots of memory
-lightweight (I'm tiny so I want to carry something small and handy)
-fast
-not too expensive

Also, if I go to Best Buy or some store, what should I watch out and ask when it comes to laptops?

Please help. I am clueless about buying laptops.



Answer
Buying a laptop is a complicated decision which will affect you every day for the next few years.

In addition to price and specs, you want to consider things such as ease-of-use, speed, reliability, stylish-design and tech-support.

Different people would have different opinions.

Therefore, I would recommend you to check ProCompare.com. They have a recommendation engine that ranks laptops (and other tech products) based on ratings and reviews from a community of trusted IT professionals. They also have a cool personalization slider that lets you personalize the results based on the criteria that are most important to YOU.

Here is a direct link: http://procompare.com/Find_Products/Note...

You may also want to check cnet: http://reviews.cnet.com/

Hope you'll find it useful.

What are some good laptop recommendations for a college student?

Q. Budget: $600-$700
Size: 15.6"
Battery Life: 6 hours
Tasks: Medium Gaming Use - Civilization 5, League of Legends, Borderlands 2, etc. Will also be used during school for notes and programming.
Storage: 500 GB HDD w/ 20GB+ SSD
CPU: i5 or i7 3rd/4th Generation
Brands: ASUS, Acer, Lenovo, or any popular company (NO Apple, Dell, Toshiba, or HP)

I would really like something that is lightweight and mobile. I'm primarily going to use it for school and gaming at LAN parties, other than that I will be using my custom built desktop. I am very interested in ultrabooks but haven't been able to find any good ones.

Also, what are some suggestion sites to purchase laptops from besides Amazon and BestBuy?


Answer
Why you avoid Dell & HP? Asus and lenovo your good selection. If you want portable and sleek price should be consider. Please add some extra bucks you will achieve a good laptop for your works. Click the below links. Probably it will help you make a decision.
http://www.cnet.com/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-yoga-11s/4505-3121_7-35560383.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best Laptop to Buy for a college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment