Monday, April 7, 2014

Good Laptop Deals for a Freshman College Student?




Lance


I'm going to college in the fall 2012 semester and I need a laptop. Do you know of any good deals on new or partially used laptops? Please provide website links with your answer.
@Ryou-kun and @Triton:

Your links are not working. Please re-paste them and hit enter immediately after you paste the link. This will make it a hyperlink.
@James:

Your link is doing the same thing as Ryou-kun's link; the page is only showing a blank white screen. Maybe I am pasting something wrong, I don't know. Please press enter after typing your link to hyperlink the text.



Answer
Please, please don't buy an Acer >.< They'll go down FAST.

When you go cheap, at least get a good brand. I suggest Lenovo. These laptops here are VERY low priced, but they have decent specifications. They have low-power processors so they stretch battery life and generate low noise and heat. This does mean; however, that the performance may be under-par in some places such as gaming and multitasking. If you're just using it for Surfing the net, MS Office and iTunes, you should be good to go!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+15.6%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+4GB+Memory+-+320GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/5296917.p?id=1218631403034&skuId=5296917&st=lenovo%20b570&cp=1&lp=1

Good Luck!

EDIT: I prefer Ryou-kun's opinion above!

When should I buy a laptop for college?




HORSElover


I am in high school going to attend college next fall and I need a new laptop before then because the one I currently have is way too outdated and really slow. I was looking at a MacBook Pro, but I am not sure when I should buy it. I have all of the money saved up now, but I didn't know if I should wait for updates or anything like that. Also, I just got an iPod touch 4th generation for Christmas. This adds to my predicament because I want to use it now, but I don't want to put it on my HP. I have heard that if you put an iPod on a PC and then transfer it to a Mac that everything gets deleted off of it. I also don't want my iPod to go to waste and just sit there. I have a school Mac I would put it on, but I don't want to have to do things twice for my iPod. Sorry if any of that was confusing, but please help!


Answer
There are rumors that apple is releasing new macbook air in Q1 2012.Even 15 inch macbook will be available and there will be few upgrades.So if you want to get the latest then better wait till new series is released.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Good Laptop Deals for a Freshman College Student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment