Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Best laptop for a college student 2010?




Lou-Lou-Ro


Okay, it doesn't necessarily have to be the best. I was looking at Macs but there quite expensive and we have them at school and I find them really difficult to use, I don't why but I'm just so used to Windows, even though we have been using them for two years now.
I want a laptop around the £500 mark (as I also want to get a camera, that will be in a separate question, but if you know of any good cameras that would be helpful too)
Preferably with Windows 7 as thats what I'm used to.
It also needs to have the Microsoft package, so Excel, Works, Powerpoint etc.
I mainly use my laptop for surfing the internet and doing coursework, but it would also be great if it was good at playing movies, 2 years ago I got a Dell Inspiron and was assured it was the best laptop for playing multimedia - I was thoroughly disappointed.
I don't know a lot about GB etc, but obviously it needs to be quite fast and have an adequate amount of memory.
Finally I don't play many computer games except for Sims 2 and Sims 3, currently I can't play Sims 3 on my laptop as it doesn't run very well so it would be great if it has good graphics for gaming and will run fast etc. but that isn't a necessity.

Well thanks in advance.



Answer
Do not get less than 2 gigs ram. Just make that your absolute spec in all of this. You can easily upgrade hard drive space later, or use a cheap external drive.
HPs are both really good.

Best Mini Laptop/Netbook For College Student?




Ronnie


I'm starting college this semester, studying the basics (english, math, physics, etc.) and I need a new laptop. I like the netbooks because they are compact and great for taking notes or keeping busy between classes. I just don't know which one is the best choice. Dell, HP, Acer... Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!



Answer
Suprisingly, to me, Consumer Reports gave an Acer mini a good rating. Look in the Feb 2010 Consumer Reports for evaluations.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Best laptop for a college student 2010?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment