Monday, April 14, 2014

What laptop is best for a student entering university?




Bee


Right now I'm leaning toward an HP Pavilion DV6000z series mainly because it looks sleek and is only $999.99CA. Any suggestions?

I am 100% against purchasing an Apple, so please don't try to convince me.
A laptop would suit me best because I will require fast use of a computer all over campus. I am not looking for a desktop.



Answer
Any laptop will do basically because a computer is a computer. What you need to worry about is what is loaded on the computer. Recommend something that is loaded w/ a software suite that will enable you to complete your courses. For example Microsoft office or the student/teacher version of MS office (its cheaper and has only what you need i.e. word & excel). Make sure the computer is WiFi capable and pick up one of those USB mini drives. I reccomend at least a 1gb USB drive. Also if you want the most bang for your buck, go to the Dell outlet store on the internet and buy a laptop there. You get all the reliabilty and customer support of a dell for a fraction of the price. The dell outlet store sells refurbished and returned items. They all come with the full warranty and are factory reconditioned.

Microsoft Office for Students/Teachers?




yanks7


I am a graduate student and a teacher. I was told by a professor that I am entitled to purchasing Microsoft software at half price because I am in education. She said there was a website but couldn't remember it. Is this true? How do I get it?

Also, if you purchase the Office package, can it be put on 2 computers? I work on both my desktop and laptop, and to have Word on one and not the other is just stupid. Thanks!



Answer
http://www.microsoft.com/education/tutorials.mspx
Yes it true that Microsoft Office for Student / Teachers. But you have to prove when buying the software that you are a teacher. We have the same deal here in Europe for this. I believe Microsoft had made this rule. You can put them on all the PCs in the classroom.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What laptop is best for a student entering university?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment