Tuesday, April 29, 2014

best laptop under $1000 for college student?







I'm going to college and will be studying engineering. I need a laptop under $1000 that will be usable for the next 4 years. I would like an i5 or i7 processor with a dedicated video card. Also a 7200rpm hard drive would be a lot better.

In my dorm I will be hooking it up to my monitor.
How is the ASUS N61JQ-X1



Answer
I don't think it would be necessary to spend $1k on a laptop, even for engineering.

I definitely saw some Core i5 laptops on http://www.craigslist.org that were new in box for $570 just a few days ago in my area... might want to take a look there and see if you can pick up a deal locally, first. Laptops never last as long as you want them to and it's best to save as much money as you can to make getting rid of it in the future less painful.

Edit: The N61JQ-X1 is too expensive. ASUS makes the most reliable laptops around hands-down, but you don't need the latest and greatest hardware. Everyone seems to believe that if they're doing intensive tasks that they need the absolute highest-end parts so it will run well, which is absolutely wrong; the i7 arrived too early and is too powerful for 95% of users. Save $300-400 and buy a Core 2 Duo or i5 system with a 2.4GHz+ clock speed and decent video card and you'll have more than enough processing power.

What would be the best, preferably under $400 for a college student taking online classes?

Q. I'm starting college and I signed up for some online classes and was wondering if anyone knew of a laptop that would work best for the classes and preferably under $400.


Answer
I have an hp pavillion g6 with these spec:

4gb ram, 1.9ghz AMD dual core processor, Windows 7 64 bit. It's about six and a half months old, but since I can't afford the internet connection, I am willing to sell it for less than $400. It's pretty much brand new.

And when I was in college this past spring, I took an online class with it, and it works perfectly. It's very fast.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: best laptop under $1000 for college student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment