Sunday, October 6, 2013

What type of laptop should I get?

best laptops for college students 2013
 on Maharashtra HSC: Students in Maharashtra need 35% to pass - Get Latest ...
best laptops for college students 2013 image



Amy


I have been doing a lot of research on different laptop brands, but I was just curious what some of your opinions would be. I am about to be a freshman college student, and I have never owned a laptop before. That being said, I want something that is CHEAP (so Apple MacBooks are out of the question), but not cheap in quality. My maximum budget is about $800.

These are some of my must-haves:
14"-15" screen (preferably touchscreen)
Windows 8
Intel i3 or i5 processor (not familiar with AMD processors)
Optical DVD-RW Drive: for watching movies and burning discs
Webcam and Microphone
Backlit keyboard
Good tech support

Storage capacity doesn't matter, since I will be purchasing a separate external hard drive with it.

Software I will be purchasing with it:
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013
McAfee Total Protection Security

I've been looking into the Lenovo, Sony, and Dell computers. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks



Answer
Depends on what you want if you want durability, buy Dell. DELL has recently good computers that don't break very easily and when they do dell support is awesome.

Lenovo is a very professional brand, everything will run fine, and durability is good too, usually,so is battery life on their,laptops

Acer is good,for ultrabooks and other thin long battery life laptops

I would steer clear of hp and sony

To experienced college student athletes: what should I bring to college?




Aaron


I'm attending a NAIA school fall of 2013. I will be living on campus and it is over 700 miles away from home. What should I bring to school? I had my clothes and money ready kinda. What should I really bring to survive?

10 points = BA



Answer
Aside from any personal athletic equipment you'll need, your list will be the same as any other student. Sometime in the spring or summer, your school will probably send you a list of suggested items to bring, as well as what NOT to bring (some schools don't allow certain items in the dorms). And once you find out your roommate, you can discuss who is going to bring what (you'll only need one refrigerator, TV, etc). But for starters, here are some things that most college students bring to school:

Clothes
Outerwear (coat, hat, gloves, etc. for cold weather)
Umbrella
Swimsuit
Toiletries (shampoo, soap, razor, shaving gel, etc)
Towels, washcloth, robe, shower shoes
Stuff for your bed: mattress pad, extra-long twin sheets, pillow, blanket, etc
Laundry Bag or Basket, laundry soap
Alarm Clock
Computer/Laptop
Printer
Ethernet Cables
Extension Cords
Stereo/speakers
TV, game system
Mini Refrigerator
Coffee Pot, microwave, etc. (if allowed)
Plates, cups, utensils, cookware
Desk Lamp
Desk supplies (stapler, scissors, tape, pencil sharpener, etc)
Tool Kit (can come in handy!)
Posters/decorations for your room
Rug for your floor
Futon or chair, if there's room
Command Strips (for hanging things on walls)
Bulletin Board, Calendar
Storage Bins (wait until you learn what your dorm provides)

Once you get to school, you'll be surprised how many little things you took for granted at home, that you suddenly realize you need but didn't think to bring... nail clippers, flashlight, thermometer, etc. Since you have several months before you leave, start a list for yourself. Write down the things you use now and that you think you'll probably need at college.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What type of laptop should I get?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment