Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Any recommended PDAs for an entering medical student?




hmmm...


Hi, I'm making plans to start medical school next fall, and I'd like to replace my old Sony Clie with a new PDA. I've been looking at the Palm Tungsten E2 and the Palm TX as possible candidates. Can anyone in medical school or in the medical profession offer any suggestions? By the way, I have Windows Vista on my home computer if that makes a difference.


Answer
I am a current 2nd year medical student and what I recommend is to wait. The first two years are essentially all basic science, so you lug around a lot of books, notebooks and laptop for your information and you don't really need a PDA to look up facts quickly because you aren't in clinic or the hospital. (Besides, there are always computer with Internet access around). The second reason I suggest you wait is that often times the school will recommend a certain product or even have deals with manufacturers for discounts.

However, if you use the PDA for keeping your schedule and such, then if you want to upgrade, I suggest going for an integrated PDA/phone. With everything you have to carry, integration is nice. Several of my classmates use Treos, Blackberrys, HTC Tilts or even the iPhone.

What laptop do you recommend for a student entering medical school?




Natalia B


I want to take advantage of Black Friday, but, I don't know what to look for. Please help me get a reliable notebook/laptop that will fit my need.


Answer
i think hp laptop or mac laptop, dells suck. seriously.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Any recommended PDAs for an entering medical student?
Rating: 100% based on 9998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment